Thursday, August 9, 2012

Failure

Like everything else I start in life and then push off to the side to never be finished.....

I'm sitting at work, obviously not doing any actual work, and remember that in the craziness of these past few weeks I hadn't posted. Even though i swore to myself THIS time I was going to keep up with this shit. Who the hell was I kidding? Oh, but here I am....owning my failure like a champ. Point for me! Take that universe. Maybe this time I really will finish something I start, or at least keep it up on a somewhat regular basis. I can't even tell you exactly what has been so hectic these last few weeks but I feel like I've barely rested, and most of it's a blur. Maybe it's because summer is coming to an end, and school is about to start for the kids, so we've been trying to get all those last minute (like everything else) school supplies taken care of and all that. Maybe it's also because we're broke and stressing (re: arguingallthetime) money, and my husbands work is slow (the joys of being a self employed small time contractor!), and even though I should get paid at least 10K a year more for the awesomeness that I do when I'm actually working, I can't convince the powers that be to just give it to me, never mind all that budget BS they have to adhere to and the like. Maybe it's also partly because little K, as sweet and loving and cute as he can be, can not for the LIFE OF HIM manage to make it an entire day at daycare without needing more than 1 timeout. He sasses, he plays rough, he throws toys...you name it he does it, but mostly he sasses, and short of duct taping his mouth shut forever we can't make him stop. He starts Kindergarten in two weeks and i can't believe it. How did he grow up so fast, and what did I do as a child to have gotten a child that I'm sure will be in the principles office once a week? That's optimistic me talking, pesimistic me says that I'm totally underestimating that and he'll be there at least 3 times a week for sure. I guess we'll see. Thank god they'll have C's number to call when he does.

Maybe I'll manage to post again before school actually starts, and if not maybe I can post about the beginning of the school year. Oh...there's optimistic me again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment